[Webinar] Streamline your web hosting managementRegister Today

x
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 142
  • Last Modified:

Thread advice please!

Hi.  I'm not too advanced a programmer.  I've heard of, but never looked at or used, threads.

What are they?
What are they for?
How do you use them?
Are they worth using?

Like I said, I'm not that advanced.  I can write applications that do what they're supposed to do, but I was a Pascal programmer and then a VB programmer and ended up back on the 4GL's after that.  Any help - especially small samples of different type of threads - would be VERY appreciated.

Many thanks,

MoonCalf.
MoonCalf
Asked:
MoonCalf
1 Solution

MotazCommented:
>What are they?
It enables you to write mutli tasking program

>What are they for?
To run more than one task at the same time

>How do you use them?
It is better if you read about which contains information about it and a simple example, or you could wait other experts explain it for you.

Are they worth using?
Yes

I advice you to see also Application.ProcessMessages; which used for Multitasking and Application.OnIdle event which used for Background processing.

Motaz
www.geocities.com/motaz1

bryan7Commented:
listenning

DrDelphiCommented:
Take a look at this month's Delphi Developer from Pinnacle Publishing... I have a nice little article in there that explains the basics of working with TThreads.

Good luck!!

MoonCalfAuthor Commented:
Thanks mate.

Featured Post

Free Tool: Port Scanner

Check which ports are open to the outside world. Helps make sure that your firewall rules are working as intended.

One of a set of tools we are providing to everyone as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now