Solved

Error Opening FIle.. PLEASE HELP

Posted on 2000-02-19
4
153 Views
Last Modified: 2013-12-25
Hi,

I'm having a problem opening a database file (text file to be exact). I'm running a search script that I wrote and tested. The problem is it has problems running on my web server.

The problem is, after I type in the "word" I want to search for, It will run the perl file then output :

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

Could not open test.txt in test.pl: No such file or directory


I have given execute permissions etc... I am running it on a NT web server. PLEASE HELP ME! :( I can also run other pl files that do not open a file to search for things.

David
webmaster@zoned.org
0
Comment
Question by:Zoned
[X]
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions
  • 2
4 Comments
 
LVL 3

Accepted Solution

by:
Alisher_N earned 70 total points
ID: 2537895
1) check letters case
2) try to give full path name
3) check if file is locked by another process
0
 

Author Comment

by:Zoned
ID: 2540153
Thank you for these suggestions:
1) check letters case
2) try to give full path name
3) check if file is locked by another process
Unfortunately I have already tried those and still have the problem ;(

more info:
I am using cgi-lib.pl as required by my search.pl script. <-does the cgi-lib.pl file have any problems on nt? Anyways, I'm still having problems... PLEASE HELP!

0
 
LVL 3

Expert Comment

by:fibdev
ID: 2540428
If you send me the script, I can run a syntax checker on it.

I can check the cgi-lib file to if you want.

I can use this same app to set the permissions correctly (just in case there is a problem with that).
0
 

Author Comment

by:Zoned
ID: 2541048
Heh, well I finished my finals this afternoon and had time to sit down and figure what was going on. For some reason it was having problems when I put a url in the script so that it knows where the file would be located. So with some sitting around and thinking, I just pointed it to the directly by using a back-slash, directory, forward-slash, file name to get to the directory.... ex:
\blah/blah.txt

Thanks for the help!
0

Featured Post

Major Incident Management Communications

Major incidents and IT service outages cost companies millions. Often the solution to minimizing damage is automated communication. Find out more in our Major Incident Management Communications infographic.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

In this tutorial I will show you how to provide a dynamic RTF document on your website generated with data from your database. For this tutorial you will need Microsoft Word or WordPad, WhizBase and Microsoft Access. In this tutorial I will show …
Active Directory replication delay is the cause to many problems.  Here is a super easy script to force Active Directory replication to all sites with by using an elevated PowerShell command prompt, and a tool to verify your changes.
The viewer will learn how to dynamically set the form action using jQuery.
Video by: Mark
This lesson goes over how to construct ordered and unordered lists and how to create hyperlinks.

734 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question