Pluggable Protocols, urlmon - need a sample
Posted on 2000-03-01
Hi I am trying to write a program that embeds the Internet Explorer control using CHTMLView. This much is easy.
However I eventually will want the program to me able to read the data from a data-source that Internet Explorer doesn't normally support. Basically I want to extend the protocol name space, for the duration that the program is running.
myprotocol://index.htm - would send a request to my code (which must also be inside the EXE for reasons relating distribution) asking my code to get the data for this HTML page (it could also be an image, etc.) and give back the data
I need a sample which demonstrates this inside a Windows MFC .exe program
The program should operate something like:
(1) When the program starts in opens up an SDI CHTMLView
(2) When the program starts it should also register a new protocol that the IE control will be able to understand
(3) Whenever the program navigates to a new URL which is part of my protocol's name space it will give my code the full URL and ask for the data back
(4) My code gives the data back
(5) CHTMLView shows the data I've returned.
(6) Steps (3) to (5) repeat until the user exits te program
(7) When the user exits, myprotocol is no longer part of the Internet Explorer name space.
For steps (3) and (4) for demo purposes, the sample could popup dialog showing the URL, and allowing entry of arbitary text into an edit control or something.
If somebody wants to write this sample - A grade - ZIP it and e-mail to email@example.com
If somebody wants to give _detailed_ instructions on all the steps [not just a rehash of the developer documentation], or somebody knows something very close, I will consider your answer for a lower grade