200 points - Delphi/BDE 5 x Oracle
Posted on 2000-03-08
I had an application in Delphi2 and Oracle 7.3.4 working just fine until I decided to migrate it to Delphi5. Since that, I get the following message: "Could not perform edit because another user changed the record".
This error happens when I try to do an Edit/Post in a TQuery. Note: the error does NOT happen to ALL records. It seems that some specific records are "locked" in the database. I tried to down the Oracle server and startup it again, but it didn't work (what means the error is in Delphi/BDE). If I try to do the same operation with the Delphi2 appl, everything works fine.