PC only starts up only in safe mode. - If the system is forced to reboot in normalmode the following Error msg pops up:
While initialising device configmg Windows protection error. You need to restart your PC.
Press any key to continue.
THEN SHUTS DOWN
The Pc has not been upgraded with any new software\hardware.
Tried to resolve by
1. flashing the bios to the A10. completed successfully but still bringing up the same error message.
2. Checked to see if it would boot if I took out the Lan card but no luck.
3. disconnecting the CD ROM and trying to boot but no luck.
4. Downloaded the diagnostics software from the www.Dell.co.uk
site. Loaded the software and ran the full blown diagnostics for 1.5 hours and it said the hardware was operating at optimum level.
5. As a last resort formatted C drive and reinstalled Win95 but when it restarts for the 1st time (after installation) it bringsup the same error message.
Now I am getting desperate. If someone out
there could help me I would be grateful.
Dell Dimension xps m233s
Bios Vers a7 to A10
HDD Maxtor 84320d4 S/n l40t7hha
64512 Extended Memory