I need a software (shareware, freeware etc.) to AUTOMATICALLY (on a daily basis) perform a following procedure:
1. Download all new files (or all files that created on a given date or files with specific names - whatever is simpler) from an FTP site (I have: address, folder, userid, password).
2. Zip downloaded files into one archive.
3. Send the archive by e-mail to one specified recipient.
1. Tasks 1,2,3 must be performed one after another, automatically on a daily basis.
2. Files that the program must download have specific names based on dates. They look like 10111999.dat etc.
The software I'm looking for not necessarily has to be user friendly. It can be a special user controlled (modifiable) scripts that run some command line utilities one after another or something like that. Actually, having good command line utilities and a special script language this task is very simple to program:
- download CURRENT_DATE.dat from SITE/FOLDER (userid etc.)
- download CURRENT_DATE.txt from SITE/FOLDER (userid etc.)
- zip downloaded files into CURRENT_DATE.zip
- send CURRENT_DATE.zip to ADDRESS
Thanks in advance.