Here's my question:
The scenario is as follows:
- Client browser requests an HTML page containing an embedded
- The server fetches the page and begins to parse its contents while
(I assume), sending the parsed contents back to the client browser
- The server encounters the SSI and takes the necessary action
- The action in this case is an instruction to execute a CGI Perl script
- The Perl script is executed and sends back the obligatory
"Content-type: text/html \n\n" header along with some HTML
*** HERE IS MY PROBLEM ***
- For all intents and purposes, the Perl script is done sending HTML
back to the Server for inclusion into the page being sent to the
client browser, BUT, it still has some processing to do.
???????? How do I tell the server to "let go" of the CGI Perl script
(which will still keep running until it is done with
its processing), and allow the rest of the page to be
parsed and sent back to the client browser ?????????
Any information or recommendations would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance,