Trying to connect to Oracle!!!
Posted on 2000-05-02
1) I have installed Oracle client(releas 8.1.5) on my WIN98.
2) I am able to connect to a dsn called "dev.web.com" through
Oracle-OraHome --> Network Administration --> Oracle ODBC Test
and I have succeeded connecting to a dsn (under the tab of "Machine Data Source") named tryDb, which is an Oracle ODBC Driver (not Microsoft), configured with the service name of dev.web.com. In other words - I have the connection working!!!
3) I have the JDK 1.2.2 installed.
4) I am unsuccessfully trying to access Oracle data base (under the service name of dev.web.com) through my java application. The rellevant code for loading the driver and for getting the connection is the following:
public class oracleConnectTrial
public void selectData()
Connection con = null;
// Load the Driver class file
//Make a connection to the ODBC datasrc
con = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:odbc://dev.web.com", "usr", "pass");
*** getConnection fails and throws me
*** an UnsatisfiedLinkError! The exception's getMessage() gives me the following:
"sun/jdbc/odbc/JdbcOdbc.allocEnv Possible causes: If you are trying to use J/Direct (@dll.import), check your compiler version (for JVC, requires 4336 or greater.) If you are trying to use RNI, there are new requirements: see documentation."
5) I am using Microsoft Visual J++ version 8171. I am not, to my knowledge, using J/Direct (@dll.import)
or RNI, and I am asking for your detailed help since this is my first application ever that needs to access a database.
6) Please explain if u know; Thank-you.