Advice Needed on Multi-purpose Web Server
Posted on 2000-05-04
I have been researching Web Servers for my company and need some feedback on the viability of my selection.
We need a Web Server to:
1) Manage our (new) DSL internet connection off a Netopia router
2) Run MSBackOffice's Proxy Server and MS Exchange Server for 12 clients.
3) Host part of our website using WinNT's IIS (through the DSL) - won't see much traffic initially.
4) Host a VPN with our Chicago office (one user only).
5) Receive and Send our company's faxes: about 80 incoming and 80 outgoing a day. (I would have two 3Com 56K modems installed)
I was thinking of purchasing:
DSL with Netopia router, IBM's Netfinity 3500 M10, MSBackOffice, RightFax.
Does anyone have any advice or help they can provide? Does this configuration overrate the Web Server's capabilities? Is this too much to ask? Should I be looking at another alternative?
Thanks for any input, I will increase points should a great answer present itself.
Also, our MSFrontPage web is getting tiresome to upkeep and is not as dynamic as we want. I am thinking about DreamWeaver (any suggestions there?)