Posted on 2000-05-10
I have an IIS application that worked fine for months. Recently, the server it was on crashed and I attempted to restore the program from backup source code on another server. I made some changes to the code and everything worked fine before compiling. After compilation, the program broke with an error saying that ActiveX could not create an object (a .dll called from the IIS app). I unregistered all the components, rebooted, and attempted to find the error(s) in the code but nothing happens when I press F5 (not even errors). I tried placing message boxes in the WebClass Start, Terminate, and FatalErrorResponse events but they never appear. I know that compiled IIS apps do not necessarily behave as they do in the IDE but I'm not even sure where to begin debugging this. If it helps, IIS otherwise seems to be running well and I can create and run other IIS apps in the IDE. Long story short, I need help in debugging; even the most general hints might help.