Posted on 2001-06-15
I working on a project that may in the C++ code, send a created email message through the mail command.. I have some questions.
The command format will be cat <filename> | mail <email address>.
1. Is there a way to do a mail <address> <message>
2. Is there a way to determine that the user is a valid user?
3. Is it possible to determine if the mail command processed the request successfully and if it was not successful, how to determine what the error was.
4. Is it possible to determine if the system where the email is going received the email message?
5. Is it possible to determine if the person who is supposed to get the email actually got the email and read it.
The answers to the above question will aid in the decision regarding automatic email generation rather than doing manual email generation.