W2K, IIS 5, ISAPI, BDE, Paradox
Posted on 2001-06-18
I've run an ISAPI application on an NT server, using IIS 4.0 and BDE, to query and display data from a number of paradox tables. Everything worked just as it should, and everybody were happy. Now I have to do the same on a W2K server, and I've run into all kinds of trouble.
I can get the ISAPI application to work just fine, but the second I try to access the database in one way or the other, I get an exception.
My test application consists of:
- one webactionitem, reacting on all calls to the application
- a TSession component with autosessionname set to true
- a tquery with an alias that works when used normally on the server
in the webactionitem i have:
with query1 do
sql.add('SELECT * FROM WebUsers');
response.content := fields.asstring;
on exception do
response.content := 'exception';
no matter how I set up the BDE on the server I get the "exception" response, and I have also tried creating an ODBC entry pointinng to my database, and using that, but with the same result.
I'm getting the feelin that it must have something to do with the creation of the temporary files involved, and/or user privileges, but...