I'm trying to repair a HP Deskjet 610C printer, which onced worked perfectly. When I tried to print the Windows' "printer test page", it always either print garbage or eject blank page out. I think it's just the cable problem. But, it's become much more serious problem when I tried to solve it out.
Here's the things I've tried to check both of the printer and the PC up:
- printer self-test.......OK
- another printer cable....not worked
- printing from MS-DOS....it seem to be OK (??)
- reinstalling Win98 and printer driver (the latest version).....nothing changed
- LPT port mode in BIOS.....it's already in SPP mode.
- installing the printer on another machine..... OK
Can anobody idendify the problem and solve it?