Ok, I got a bit of a stumper here. 8)
We have a variety of printers (HP and Nashuatec mainly) on our network. They are all installed on a W2K print server.
This friday, two of the HP printers stopped printing (a HP 5N and HP 4M Plus). Printed documents appear in the queue, but stop spooling at 72 bytes. Then they remain in the queue indefinately.
* I do not think the driver is corrupt. After all, another HP 5N using the same drivers is working correctly.
* I do not think the clients are to blame. It was working perfectly until a few days ago.
* I can ping the server, I can ping the printer.
* Printer settings (paper, etc...) are identical to the working printers of the same type.
* I have started/stopped the Spooler service on our print server. That didn't help, so I rebooted it. No sigar.
* The IP adresses for those printers are not being taken by other network resources (eg. they are not in the DCHP range).
I'm completely at a loss. I would understand if no printers would print, but just two of them. 8/