Setting up sendmail.
Posted on 2001-07-04
I has been some years since I last run sendmail so I have forgot all things that I might want to change in the config-file.
I want to set up a mail server for my-domain.com
* I want the server to masquerade all mails that are sent as they are comming from mydomain.com (the servers domainname is mail.mydomain.com)
* How do I set up which domains to recive mail for?
* how do I set the limit of the size of the mail to say 700MB ( I know... it's a bad idea)
* How do I set up which host's that should be able to use the server. (allow relay)
What Have I forgot now? Any tip on what I need to change for the default config to get sendmain safer?
* Yes... Now I remember the most important thing.
I like all mail's coming to a non exsistent user to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org (no MAILERDEAMON message)