Posted on 2001-07-06
I'm working on a big project at the mo and it has to integrated with some windows software that uses .dbf's, so I have no choice but to use dbase (so don't give me a lecture on how much dbase sucks, hehe :o).
Unfortunately I can't get dbase_replace_record() to work properly, any help would be hugely appreciated.
I'm using the function basically like this:
The database is open and everything is as it should be, I've tried dbase_add_record() in it's place and it works absolutely fine. I've made sure all the data types are correct (though if dbase_add_record() is anything to go by it doesn't really mind about that), I'm passing it the right number of fields (it gives an error otherwise anyway), and I've made certain that the variables being added to the array have values and that they are all present and correct in the array after the array has been created. I've even tried it by hardcoding the values rather than passing variables everywhere, just to make sure, but it makes no difference.
Basically I can't see anything wrong at all, except the result after running this is that all the fields in the record I replaced are NULL :o(