Testing SSL access with MS Web Application Stress tool
Posted on 2001-07-09
We have a web site that we are trying to stress test.
When we access the web site using a web browser, everything seems to run ok.
When we set it up under MS Web Application Stress tool (WAS), SOME of the SLL pages fail.
The pages that fail, do so consistently. Those that work, don't fail.
Using the "session trace" capability and the TCP/IP trace also, the developer states that the TCP/IP trace shows all the data, while the "session trace" seems incomplete.
He also states that the WAS tool pauses upon invoking one of the pages that fails, waits for 2 minutes and then stops.
This all sounds a bit wierd to me, but while I go dig up some more info I wanted to ask if anyone ever used the WAS tool to test SSL enabled applications, and whether there were any issues involved.
According to WAS docs, all you do is select "Use SSL" for the particular page and that's it.
They do have a certificate, and it's valid. They also setup a site with a "temporary certificate" that basicly allows everyone access (no security). Same problem.
I've put 100 points here, but I'll grant 200 or more for a solid answer that solves our problem..