Posted on 2001-07-12
I am having a problem with COM+ Services. I have this DLL that has a COM+ Package and everything works great. I can go into one of the existing methods of the DLL and make as many changes as I need to and recompile the DLL and copy it over to the server and these change work without problems (Binary Compatibility is on on of course).
The problem occurs when I need to add a new method to the DLL I add the new method to the DLL and test it on my machine everything works great. Then I move it over to the server. Since there is a new method I try and drag the DLL back onto the Components Folder of the package. When I do this I get the following error.
DLLRegisterServer failed on Component install.
After this point everything gets screwed up. I have even made a backup copy of the DLL before copy over the one of the server and if I get this error and then try and use this backup copy I still get the error. And now none of the other parts to the DLL is working.
The only way to get things to work again is for me to recompile the DLL with No Compatibility and then delete the package and create a new one using this new DLL.