HeLp! Service Pack 6a "issues" in Netware 5.0!!!
Posted on 2001-07-17
N-SysAdmin here, i'm having a problem installing support pack 6a on to my basic Netware 5 install. This is reproducible on multiple machines. Here are my steps to reproduce.
1. Standard fresh Netware install.
2. Everything goes smoothly on the install, no snags, and I did use legit users licences.
3. Downloaded Support pack 6a.
4. Followed the install doc and decompressed/copied the files from my client to my vol1 partition that I created *no nss*.
5. Go to Nwconfig and chose "install other software".
6. Put the path name in and off we go with the install.
7. The install gets to aroun 75-85% done then it stops to ask me a question.
"The schema needs to be extended for NLS. Do you wish to continue?"
yes or no.
8. Whether I pick yes or no it brings up the same screen.
"Error logging in as specified user. Password may be incorrect."
Press ENTER to continue.
9. Then it gets stuck on that screen, when I press Enter, it peeps at me and it looks like it refreshes the message but it does it VERRY fast.
10. Whitey gets screwed.
I'm going to give all of my points that I have left for the person who helps me figure this on out cause it's that important to me!
Thanks all for reading this!