Hi, switching experts out there
(especially Cisco experts)
I'm currently using two Cisco Catalyst 5505
Hardware specification of it is:
- Catalyst 5000 Family Supervisor III w/ NFFC II-A
- 24-port 10/100 BaseTX Switch Module (RJ-45)
Now , I need to configure one of it to become a Fast Ethernet switch. I've the access to Cisco Documentation CD-ROM, and also the manual.
I've tried out some of the command for configuring the module using HyperTerminal and I've installed TFTP server too.
Now my Question is
1. How do I know if I have configured it to become a "Fast Ethernet" switch ?
- is it by setting ports to FULL DUPLEX ?
- is it by fixing STATIC MAC ADDRESS ?
- or any other parameters that you can kindly suggest to me ?
2. How to test if it is a Fast Ethernet switch ?
- is it by sending a signal, and check if only one port is receiving (not broadcasred) ?
- or any other methods ?
*** PLs kindly help