well, ok. here's my prob:
- i've installed w2k w/ bios setting "pnp os = yes".
- i've installed linux.
- the sb live! didn't work.
- problem was, that emu10k1 can only detect sb live! correctly, when pnp is set to "no" in bios.
- when starting w2k now, i can't read cd's any more.
- switching back to bios setting "pnp os = yes", w2k will read the cd.
- there's no chance to get sb live! running w/ "pnp os = yes".
how can i make w2k read cd-roms properly w/ bios setting "pnp os = no" ?
should i delete the drive devices from device manager and reinstall'em?
should i kill pnp driver from device manager?
do i have to reinstall w2k with bios setting "pnp os = no" in order to have it correctly installed?
please help quick.
mayb it's simple, mayb not.
if i wasn't in a situation where i do need both systems stable rite now, i'd try a little bit. but since i dunno if there are consequential problems when killing the devices in device manager, i'm asking you, experts.
therefore, this q is worth 200.