Installing RH Linux 7.1 under SysCDR 2000
Posted on 2001-08-08
I've been trying to install RH Linux 7.1 using
SysCDR 2000. Each time I try to run it using the OS
Wizard in SysCDR 2000 I get a error stating:
1. Insufficient freespace on first drive
2. no partition is available
3. multiFAT partition is FAT32 new OS's is
compatabile with it.
Seems if I try to install it using the CDROM that came
in the Box, I get to the Partition Manual screen but
I'm unable to select a partition that is suitable for
Linux swap and /. Can you give me some guidance on what
is the best way to install it. Here's my setup.
1. Installed Win98 on C:
2. Installed SC 2000 on C:
3. Installed W2K on D: Using SC 2000 OS Wizard.
4. Would like to put Linux on E: with 2.04 gig space
on Extended partition 3.
I have a 40Gig HD. with plenty of space left. Whats a good
course of action on installing Linux. Thanks.