I have a small Exchange 5.5 environment - single site, single server. I'm trying to give User_A the ability to open User_B's mailbox from Outlook (98 and 2000). Using Exchange Administrator, I've added User_A to the Permissions for User_B's mailbox with a "User" role. I've also configured the Exchange service in User_A's mail profile to open an additional mailbox (i.e. User_B).
When User_A starts Outlook, either 98 or 2000, the mailbox for User_B is listed in the folder view but when clicking on it or trying to expand it, Outlook says "Unable to display folder".
The real puzzling part is that if I wait long enough - I haven't timed it yet but it is at least 1/2 hr - User_A will eventually be able to open the additional mailbox. Same thing in reverse - Once User_A has access to User_B's mailbox, removing User_A from the permissions list will take a while to go into effect.
I've tried restarting Outlook, restarting the workstation etc. The network this is running on is sound and Exchange appears to be operating normal in all other respects.
NT 4 SP6a
Exchange 5.5 SP4
Outlook 98 / 2000
Thanks for you help,