I want to view large objects in a ScrollBox (in my particular case only a PaintBox which might be larger than 32768*32768 pixels, but the problem is the same for any kind of VCL components).
I don't know whether is the fault of the Delphi or the Win95, but there is some software bug handling components larger than 32768. To try it, do the following (even design time);
1. Put a ScrollBox, Panel or any kind of component which is able to contain components;
2. Put a PaintBox, Shape, Panel or any other sizeable object in the component above.
3. Set the width of this component to 32000 -- it must work OK;
4. Set the width to 33000 -- the object will disappear or will be displayed in a wrong way.
1. Is there a way to correct/avoid this software bug?
2. If not, what ideas do you have for my particular case? (I want on my form a ScrollBox containing a large PaintBox, the OnPaint events will be handled by my application.)