I'm frustrated with Web Site Log Analysis.
I'm using WebTrend Log Analyzer. (and tested a lot of other log analyzer)
This is my task to analysis User's Behaviours on the site. But I found not possible to do a good job:
1) User may retrieving page from Proxy Server, not from your web server
2) Same user can use different IP in next second (Yes, I found some AOL user getting pages with different IP each time)
3) Spider, machine accessing single page (not home page) and left.
The result is:
1) Tons of weir activies like a IP retrieved a image to never return
2) Accessing web site in a impossible order
.... and More
The Log File is almost useless! Anyone can tell me, or point me more information about this, and the way to overcome this problem?
My Team people ask me, "When visitor landed on our home page, what is the next page they likly would go?" My Answer,"Only the God Know!"