We help IT Professionals succeed at work.

unformat under win98

jogro123 asked
I've formattet a partition (Fat32) under Win98 with quickformat.
How can I unformate this partition?
Watch Question

There is a program called Tiramisu.  You can find it at http://www.free-image.net/ezboard/fi_5.10.01/ffreeimagepowerofcreationhardware.showMessage-topicID=144.topic.htm about halfway down.
You can have n number of tools just search on 'www.download.com'
if you still have your os on a another partition then you can use norton utilities to unformat. other programs are also available as annu said.

note that if you formatted the partition with your os or any registered programs then your os or any of your programs will no longer be registered. they will only be stored in a directory. thus, you only get back your windows dir but it no longer serves as an OS.

remember to not write ANYTHING on that partition until you have unformatted it. you can plug the drive into another system as a slave and use the norton utilities ont the other system.

there is this program to unformat the partition whilst retain the os or any programs. i've forgotten what it's called and it doesn't work so well

khayshem, welcome aboard.  Please read the tips below regarding comments versus answers.
jogro, if the proposed answer is unacceptable reject it.  You can either accept an already proposed comment as answer or it will be returned to the "regular" area for more comments.
thanks for the welcome slink. how'd ya know i'm new? you checked my profile?

First, posting an answer is a normal "newbie" thing.  People get quite perturbed when someone posts an answer that is not the only way to solve the problem.  Some people don't want to be "team players" and keep posting answers when they know better.  They eventually get their account revoked.
Next, yes, I looked at your profile.  You can click on the name and it will tell you when the account was created.
jogro, what is the status on this one?
Hello all,
I am Computer101, a moderator from Experts-Exchange and also an expert within this topic area. This question has been open a long time.  What I am going to do is allow feedback from the questioner and experts.  If it is not resolved, I will delete or accept an answer based on the info I have been given, Experts, feel free to offer input.  I will monitor these questions for a period of 5-7 days and come back and evaluate.  I will have another moderator (who is also an expert in this topic area) look at the question also to ensure we do the right thing for this question.

Thank you
Community Support Moderator
Points reduced for split.
Comment from slink9 accepted as answer.  Question for khayshern in this topic area.

Thank you
Community Support Moderator

Explore More ContentExplore courses, solutions, and other research materials related to this topic.