We help IT Professionals succeed at work.

SHS convert to jpg or bmp or any other format i can get at

andysalih asked
Does anybody know how to convert Scrap objects from office 97 to bmp or jpg


FILENAME.SHS - convert to FILENAME.BMP so that i can look at the image embedded in word , in paint or any other art package.

Watch Question

If you don't have any good photo / drawing program on your computer the easiest way is to display the object on you screen, use the Print Screen button, enter Paint (Start - Accessories or something like that) and paste there. Select the area you are interested in, copy and paste it into word etc. You might format the picture to not having a black border around the picture.

Good luck!


there doesnt seem to be an easy way so im deleting this question because of lack of responce
You have 14 open questions today, all of which need your attention.  ADMINISTRATION WILL BE CONTACTING YOU SHORTLY.  Moderators Computer101, Netminder or Mindphaser will return to finalize these if they are still open in 7 days.  Experts, please post closing recommendations before that time.

Below are your open questions as of today.  Questions which have been inactive for 21 days or longer are considered to be abandoned and for those, your options are:
1. Accept a Comment As Answer (use the button next to the Expert's name).
2. Close the question if the information was not useful to you, but may help others. You must tell the participants why you wish to do this, and allow for Expert response.  This choice will include a refund to you, and will move this question to our PAQ (Previously Asked Question) database.  If you found information outside this question thread, please add it.
3. Ask Community Support to help split points between participating experts, or just comment here with details and we'll respond with the process.
4. Delete the question (if it has no potential value for others).
   --> Post comments for expert of your intention to delete and why
   --> YOU CANNOT DELETE A QUESTION with comments; special handling by a Moderator is required.

For special handling needs, please post a zero point question in the link below and include the URL (question QID/link) that it regards with details.
Please click this link for Help Desk, Guidelines/Member Agreement and the Question/Answer process.  http://www.experts-exchange.com/jsp/cmtyHelpDesk.jsp

Click you Member Profile to view your question history and please keep them updated. If you are a KnowledgePro user, use the Power Search option to find them.  

Questions which are LOCKED with a Proposed Answer but do not help you, should be rejected with comments added.  When you grade the question less than an A, please comment as to why.  This helps all involved, as well as others who may access this item in the future.  PLEASE DO NOT AWARD POINTS TO ME.

To view your open questions, please click the following link(s) and keep them all current with updates.

*****  E X P E R T S    P L E A S E  ******  Leave your closing recommendations.
If you are interested in the cleanup effort, please click this link
POINTS FOR EXPERTS awaiting comments are listed in the link below
Moderators will finalize this question if in @7 days Asker has not responded.  This will be moved to the PAQ (Previously Asked Questions) at zero points, deleted or awarded.
Thanks everyone.
Moderator @ Experts Exchange
Top Expert 2006

you can try this

-copy the *.SHS file
-rename it to the original like *.doc or *.bmp
-open it

Thanks for returning and updating your open questions.

I refunded 150 points to you, since I did not provide you any technical guidance; others did.

Please provide a new question to award the expert or experts who did help you in this topic area, and entitle it Points for __expertname__ and in comment paste the link (QID) for this question.

Moondancer - EE Moderator