I'm looking for some tutorials describing an "easy to learn how to set-up proFTPd". Because reading the original documentation is a quite "heavy" and dificult thing to a "proftp-beginner" like me...
On another hand, if you give me a complete and functional exemple on how set it up like i want, i'll increase the points to 300 and give you them all after successfull try...
So, just in case, there is what i want :
- separate users and password file (not /etc/passwd, just one *dedicated* for proftpd access)
- no anonymous connexions allowed
- no "home path" directory access but "another home" (like /home/ftp/logged_user) and only read rights on this directory
- a "special home" directory properties or rights to some *special users* where they can write too
(ie. allow write rights on their home directory to some users)
-> "special rights" to those users, so they can browse throught the other users directories but only with read access
- "normal users" cannot "browse" trought the other users directories
- users cannot *see* the others users directories, but a public directory and their own directory,
ex: i'm user X, logged in, so i can *only* see something like :
/X # my ftp home dir
/pub # public read-only dir
/incoming # incoming directory described below
- an incoming directory where authentified users (not anonymous because no anonymous connexions allowed) can only put files but not read them neither delete them.
- hidden directories, that can be accessed only by "special users" described.
- if possible set the passive transferts data port to a fixed port.
All of this (unless /etc/passwd is not used) is quite easy and fast ton set up in ISS of M$, but i cannot use it because my boss wants a GPL licenced tool... :(
Please, help me !
Thank you in advance,