My Documents Folder location does not stay after logout.
Posted on 2002-03-14
Hi, I have many win2k workstations that are experiencing the same issue. The profiles are located on the "D" partition, but the "My Documents" icon on their desktop points to the "C:\MyData" folder.
I've opened the properties and selected "restore default" which then displays the correct path "D:\Profiles\msalzwe\My Documents".
While I stay logged in the my documents stay pointed to the correct location. Upon loging out then back in, the location changes back to C:\MyData.
What I've done:
1) Checked this site for possible resolutions. Some where close but not it.
2) Checked Microsoft KB. Again some were close...mainly stating how to change the location...which I have done.
3) Re-installed SP2 .
4) Checked permissions on ntuser.dat.
5) Check that the "personal" key in registry does get set properly before logging off.
1) key is not saved on exit. Permissions show that it should be capable.
2) key is reset on logoff. Not sure what would be resetting it though.
3) key is reset on logon.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.