DSL delay with email, ftp
Posted on 2002-03-18
I just opened up a POP account on a new server. For some reason, it takes a full 30 SECONDS to check it for mail. My other email accounts still pull instantly. Also, when I log into the new server with an FTP it takes a little while (5 or 6 seconds) to engage before uploading every file. Extremely annoying, I say. Other helpful info:
1. tracert is normal, ping is normal
2. surfing is fine on all sites, bad server included
3. computer on other end of house (but on same DSL) also suffers same problems
4. other users in town with different carriers have no problem when using my same email settings
5. lowered the MTU to 1475, but it did nothing.
I'm ponying up a big 300 points for anyone who can help me with suggestions other than "switch your ISP" or "switch your host", drastic answers I've already figured out for myself, and am fearful may have to employ if said mystery persists.
thanks very much for your help!