From a VB .NET Web Project Web Form, I want to:
1. Change a label's text to "Report Started" when a button on the form in IE is clicked,
2. Instance Excel on the user's PC,
3. Create a new Workbook in that instance,
4. Create a new worksheet in that workbook,
5. Set cell A1's text to "Bob",
6. Save & Close the workbook, and dispose of the Excel instance.
7. Change the label to "Reported Compeleted".
From a Windows form, this code looks like:
Dim EXL As New Excel.Application()
Dim WSheet As New Excel.Worksheet()
EXL.Visible = True
WSheet = CType(EXL.Workbooks.Add.Worksheets.Add, Excel.Worksheet)
.Cells(1, 1).Value = "Bob"
lbl1.Text = "Report Completed"
So how do I accomplish the same thing in a Web Form? I realize (and want) the user to manually grant permission in IE to start Excel on their PC, and I understand Automation, but doing the above in a web form is another matter.