Getting error when trying to forward mail from my Linux email server to Exchange Server on a WIN NT <br>SERVER.
Posted on 2002-03-21
1. I use Exchange Server on my internal network.
2. I use Linux on an "external network" to relay mail from the Internet in and out. The Linux has a fixed IP address from my ISP.
3. Internet Mail is successfully transmitted from any client on my internal network via Exchange Server to my Linux box on my external network and to the Internet.
problem: I am ALREADY RECEIVING INTERNET MAIL from the Internet as far as my Linux box. I have a test user on the Linux box and the test user receives mail from the Internet. However my internal network users' mail is reject by the linux box with the following error "Reason: 5.7.1 firstname.lastname@example.org .... relaying denied"
1) I have relay setup in /etc/access for my Exchange Server' NT Server.
2) I have an entry in /etc/mailertable as follows:
3) I have entered lines for my two hosts in their hosts files
In my sendmail.mc file I have defined the smarthost as my ISP mail server and also setup the MASQUERADE lines recommended.
PS. I have the Exchange Server (Winnt) and the Linux server connected to each other via a hub and secondary nics on each and sharing their own subnet.