I can't remember who it was (or find the Q) but someone asked about a FutureDomain ISA card, this might help them...
Unsupported but available drivers on the Windows XP CD-ROM
Some older PCI, Microchannel and ISA cards are not supported by Windows XP, but drivers can still be found and installed.
This applies to the following Product(s):
- AHA-2920A, AHA-2920, MCS-600, MCS-700, TMC-3260
This applies to the following Operating System(s):
- Windows XP
In Windows XP, going to the Control Panel, click Add New Hardware!
Select SCSI & RAID controller, click Next, then select UNSUP (Unsupported).
A list of unsupported drivers is displayed, including:
- Adaptec AHA-2920 = AHA-2920A = Future Domain TMC-3260 PCI SCSI cards.
- Future Domain MCS-600/700 microchannel SCSI cards
- Future Domain TMC-1650/1660/1670/1680 ISA SCSI cards
Some of these cards are not Plug & Play. Configuration these requires three steps:
1. Configuring the selected card IRQ ar "ISA legacy" in the motherboard setup "PCI/PnP" menu (CMOS)
2. Configuring the card jumpers/switches to match the CMOS reserved IRQ.
3. Configuring the driver resources in Windows "Device Manager" to have them precisely match the physical card jumpers/switches settings.
These drivers are NOT supported. (Neither by Microsoft, Nor by Adaptec).
This above is being supplied for informational purposes and to further help and assist the owners of these older SCSI cards.