GPO cannot deploy on workstation
Posted on 2002-04-08
I have install a 2k Server and a Pro Station. I connect both computer by RJ45 Cross over cable. It seems working fine, Pro can logon to Server and establish a connection.
When I try to deploy a gpo from server to all stations. I find that Pro station can only run its local Group Policy.
I don't know whether or not some steps are missing when setting up a GPO.
Steps as below:
1 go to " Active Directory Users & Computers", create an OU "Test",
2. right click of "Test", select properties, then Group Policy tab.
3. Click New Button, put a name for a policy "Test GPO".
4. Click Edit buttom, go to "user configuration", then go to "administratove templates.
5. modify "hide all icon on desktop" under "Desktop" to "enable", then save & close.
6. back to "Group Policy tab", highlight "Test GPO", select "Properties" button.
7. Select "Security tab". Check "Authenticated User" permission include "Read" & "Aply Group Policy" checked.
8. Then close and leave.
However, when I restart Server, Group Policy is applied on server, but when client logon to server, it seems nothing happened, no matter how many times I try for server or clients and above steps to recreate, I got same results.
please let me know any step is missing in deploying GPO