ASP POP3 Component
Posted on 2002-04-09
I tested ASPPop3 component but am looking for another one.
1. I am writing a web-based email.
2. User does not want to delete messages on Pop3 server after downloading email.
3. User has a lot of messages that have large attachments (4MB up)
1. User checks mail, all messages are downloaded into database.
2. User checks mail again. I check to see if the messages on the server are already downloaded by matching MsgID. However, in order to get the MsgID list using ASPPop3, I have to download the whole thing on the server (including attachments). Downloading these messages (with 4MB attachments ..) takes a lot of time.
3. GetPopHeaders method of ASPPop3 does not get MsgID, it gets "Msg No" that is the order of messages on server.
What I need is a component that can get the MsgID: <firstname.lastname@example.org> (not the "Msg No": 1, 2, 3...) without having download everything first.
Does anyone know any component that does so?