recordset.fields collection key values
Posted on 2002-04-12
I've got a problem with DAO, DB, and recordset objects acting slightly different on two different PCs. Both PCs have MS DAO version 2.6 installed, which is where I thought the problem would be. Anyway, I'm creating/opening a recordset in which I'm joining 2 tables. I'm using "select * from table1, table2 where....". I'm accessing the recordset.fields("xxx") collection using the key, "xxx", of the column name from the select. For duplicate column names across both tables, PC-1 (along with most other PCs in my user community) is building the collection with key "COLUMN_NAME" and “COLUMN_NAME1". PC-2 is building the collection with keys "COLUMN_NAME1" and "COLUMN_NAME2". I know I can list the column names explicitly in the select to avoid the problem, but I really want to find out the source of the problem.
Question: Do you guys know what shared file, DLL, Type lib, whatever... might be "responsible" for building the recordset.fields collection, or anything else that might be the source of the difference in building the recordset.fields collection. (I’ve used a utility “Dependency Walker” to compare the files and versions associated with DAO and everything seems to be ok.)