I am trying provide cable internet to a second computer via a hub. I have done the following.
1. installed a zonenet 10/100 ethernet card in the second computer.
2. Purchased a hub, 3net 8port L2 switch.
3. Ran the ethernet cable from the cable modem to the port on the hub marked modem.
3. Ran ethernet cable from output ports on the hub to the ethernet cards on both computers.
1. On the first computer the connection works fine.
2. The second computer when starting gives message "no lan card present" and does not receive internet feed. However if i run the ethernet cable directly from the cable modem to this computers ethernet card the connection works fine.