Want to win a PS4? Go Premium and enter to win our High-Tech Treats giveaway. Enter to Win


Store.exe high CPU ultilization.

Posted on 2002-05-12
Medium Priority
Last Modified: 2011-09-20
I've faced the same problem like asiasoft.I'm using Exchange 5.0 SP2 attached to WinNT server.I've tried to run the isinteg-patch and I thought I've solved the problem but seems like all my previous email was change as a image file. I can't even open the email and all the email only left the subject line highlighted but cannot be view.
I'd ran certain patches which I've downloaded from MSDN support site like the hotfix.exe but seems like even worst than the beginning. Some of the services cannot start and I've to restore the private and public information store file.
Others than that, I've tried before the link provided by
slink9 and it doesn't help at all.
Right now, my NT server still slow and the store.exe CPU usage reached to 99%. The range is from 88-99%. I've tried uninstalled the antivirus and reinstalled the antivirus program to monitor the situation but it doesn't solve the problem. Right now even worst, I can't start the NAV for MSExchange server. Please help.....thanks in advance.
Question by:nicholas80
Welcome to Experts Exchange

Add your voice to the tech community where 5M+ people just like you are talking about what matters.

  • Help others & share knowledge
  • Earn cash & points
  • Learn & ask questions

Accepted Solution

joehuang earned 200 total points
ID: 7005979
We have similar problem 2 years ago, I do not exaly remember how We fixed it. Here is some point recall from my memory,

1. Disable the real-time monitor from the Anti-Virus Scanner.
2. Build Second mail server which joint to your existing site, install IMC/IMS, Check the Store.exe CPU again and compare the size of edb file in MDBDATA directory from both email server (If the Size of edb file in 2nd mail server is a lot of less the Primary mail server, It maeans that the oringal data was corrupted, however, you should have to manual redirect mail client to new mail server, record the size of edb file in !st mail server befor move mail account to 2nd mail server), This "move" step will fix the problem of corruption of data automatically. Restart the 1st mail server, check the edb and CPU, It should back to normal, I do not run any isinteg utility. Then you can try to move the mail account back to 1st mail server to observe the change, If you do not see the edb and CPU change a lot, your are recovered.

I did try your way to fix the problem, but it getting worse as you described, so I change my plan as above steps, It works.

Hope this input will help you out of problem.


Expert Comment

ID: 7017385
if you want to check your database integrity without installing new server you can use isinteg utility with  fix option will help you to run  exchange database integrity test and it will also fix the logical erroe in the database. if database is courrpte then it will tell you  that also.

Hope this will helps you. and this ustility alwasy help when any kind of exchange database(STORE.EXE) problem occuers. MS  tech support  also support this.
And might be useful for your  Is (STORE.exe) problem.


Author Comment

ID: 7102468
I've try out all that you guys mentioned by still cannot work it out. Anyway, I've settled the problem by upgrading our Exchange Server to 5.5 instead of 5.0. Now, seems like everything is smooth and ok. Anyway thanks for the guidelines as well.

Expert Comment

ID: 9524361
No comment has been added lately, so it's time to clean up this TA.
I will leave a recommendation in the Cleanup topic area that this question is:

Please leave any comments here within the next seven days.


EE Cleanup Volunteer

Featured Post

Free Backup Tool for VMware and Hyper-V

Restore full virtual machine or individual guest files from 19 common file systems directly from the backup file. Schedule VM backups with PowerShell scripts. Set desired time, lean back and let the script to notify you via email upon completion.  

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

If something goes wrong with Exchange, your IT resources are in trouble.All Exchange server migration processes are not designed to be identical and though migrating email from on-premises Exchange mailbox to Cloud’s Office 365 is relatively simple…
This month, Experts Exchange sat down with resident SQL expert, Jim Horn, for an in-depth look into the makings of a successful career in SQL.
In this video we show how to create an Address List in Exchange 2013. We show this process by using the Exchange Admin Center. Log into Exchange Admin Center.: First we need to log into the Exchange Admin Center. Navigate to the Organization >> Ad…
how to add IIS SMTP to handle application/Scanner relays into office 365.

604 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question