Nero Burning API.DLL not found
Posted on 2002-05-16
I installed Ner Burning 5.5 Software, which also produced a " Nero Media Player" , I have Windows Media Player already installed on my set, whenever I try to play a C.D. the Nero player boots up & I get the following messages
(1) Scanning your drives Please wait
(2) A P I iniatialisation Failure
(3) Then a box with" The Nero API.DLL cannot be found.
(4) I then have to access the Windows media player from my desk top , after closing down the non-functioning Nero Player
I would like to know the following:-
(1) Where does one get a Nero API.DLL I e-mailed Nero a week ago No Joy ?
(2)How does one install this API.DLL if one can get hold of this file ?
(3) Is this "problem" due to a conflict between Windows media Player & Nero Media player, any advice whether to keep both windows player as well as trying to install Nero player would be appreciated, OR just keep one of them either the windows media or the player Nero Player ?