Slow telnet response after installing Bind
Posted on 2002-05-17
I have installed the Bind 9.2 in Redhat/Solaris box, it seems that after installing the Bind, the telentlogin response in between the client and the server (just installed primary domain) are very very slow.
1) I do not want to add the host name in /etc/hosts as I may have many ip address and they are all changeable.
2) I hear that we are play around with the named.conf
Here is the answer from perious people
1. Make sure that your box have correct setup with DNS server daemon program: named(bind 9.0)
2. Add your host name and IP address in file:" /etc/hosts" like:
3. If you need to run DNS server on your machine, then you'd better add an item to the PTR file. About
details, you can look for DNS configrations on net.
4. If you need not to run the DNS server then just kill DNS daemon service: "killall named", and the
change the resolve file: "/etc/resolv.conf" delete all the nameserver lines.
I may have the answer from point 3
Thanks in advance