1) I have oracle enterprise server 8.0.5 on winNT.
2) In 8i, we have system tablespace as default which we should not use, since filled by data dictionary.
3) Also, tablespaces are identified by .DBF files in a particular directory and users tablespace is for us.
4) In 8.0.5, I have created users identified by password without mentioning any tablespace and the data is able to build in number of schemas thus created.
5) What is default tablespace here and can we specify temporary tablespace.
6) Where can we find the database files which constitute tablespaces.
7) Can you give me the list of tablespaces in 8.0.5 with what they represent.
8) Can you give me create tablespace, alter tablespace and alter database commands. At least a link following which I can carry out my DBA activities.
9) Where can I get differences between 8.0.5 and 8.1.6.
10) alter table emp drop column sal; works in 8.1.6 but not in 8.0.5. How do I drop a column in 8.0.5.
Thanx in advance - k_murli_krishna