Posted on 2002-06-01
I just installed Oracle9i Enterprise Ed. on my WinXP server. It installed Oracle HTTP server also. When it runs it says Oracle HTTP server powered by Apache 1.3.12. SO I am assuming the configuring it should be same as any other Apache server. And i wanted to give a shot to JSP pages using this server. My background is mostly IIS/ASP/ASP.Net. SO I have some basic questions that I would like to know about configuring Apache. If you could provide answers in reference to IIS it would be great.
1. In IIS, I create virtual folder and create it as a web application. How do you create a web application in Apache?
2. After creating a web app (or folder) in Apache, how do you configure other settings like authetication.
3. Is there any GUI tool available for server configuration (bad Windows habbits).
4. Please provide some references to helpful web sites from where I can get more information in future?
5. Any good book on Apache server?
PLease provide answers taking into consideration the fact that this is the first time i will be using Apache.