Dual boot XP/2000. NTFS on both. 533 Celeron. Have always Defragged at least once a week. Just recently the system (Win 2000 Pro) has become extremely slow. Ran defrag and now there are a tremendous amount of excess file fragments and fragmented files.
1) What is the primary cause of these files to become fragmented?
2) Do these cause the system to slow down?
3) Where do I find these fragmented files and excess file fragments?
4) How do I get rid of these?
5) Should I convert to a FAT32 file system?
Thank you very much for all your help (now and in the past).