Help! ActiveDirectory Problem!
Posted on 2002-06-18
I attempted to migrate two servers (both W2K) which where stan-alones into an active directory.
1. Installed the first using dcpromo as the first in a new domain/tree/forest.
2. The second server had AD installed on it some time ago, and then removed. I attempted to install it as an additional server in an existing domain (the domain created in #1). It continues to tell me that the domain is not an active directory domain.
3. DNS is working properly, and is configured for AD on server #1.
4. Both servers are using server #1 for DNS resolution.
5. I can ping [domain_name1] from both servers.
6. I can see the correct srv records created (for server1) in the DNS of server 1.
7. SYSVOL on Server 1 is accessible.
8. I can attach other new W2K 'clients' to server 1's domain. The DNS gets updated - everything looks good.
9. It looks like the remnants of the first AD install on server 2 (the domain was the same - our registered DNS name) have something to do with this.
TY in advance.