Exchange 5.5 & Exchange 2000 in same domain
Posted on 2002-06-18
This is the situation:
- Windows 2000 Server AD / Global Catalog
- Windows 2000 Server with Exchange 5.5 (in same domain)
- Windows XP Pro workstations with Outlook 2000.
We want a new server running Exchange 2000; we decided to do a new installation on a new machine, so no migration.
- We've installed a fresh Windows 2000 Server and joined this to the domain.
- Installed Exchange 2000 by the book (ForestPrep, DomainPrep, etc.)
If we go to a workstation, log on as a user (or administrator), go to Outlook 2000 and change the Exchange server settings from the old Exchange Server to the new Exchange Server it says it cannot find the Mailbox/Server. Even if we shut down the old one.
It looks like it only accepts the old Exchange Server...