I am having some trouble with a web service. I have a VB6 client app posting data to a web service. One of the parameters that the web method takes is some XML data. The problem I am having is that when the data gets to the web service it has been encoded and can no long be recognized as XML. So my XML changes from <test>data</test> to <test>data</test>
I used "string" as the data type of the parameter and I am wondering if this is the reason that the XML gets encoded.
If I switch to "XmlNode" as the data type will it solve my problem?
Can XmlNode support child nodes such as <test><subtest>data</subtest></test> or will it only work for a single node?
Is there anyway I can solve this problem without changing the data type of the parameter?
I have tried having the client send the data via HTTP POST and SOAP with no change in the result.
Thanks for your help in advance!
The problem is that passing "string" will cause the "web object" to encode the data so that the other side can reconstruct the string. Therefore entity encoding takes place. The trouble is that the Web
Select from freelancers specializing in everything from database administration to programming, who have proven themselves as experts in their field. Hire the best, collaborate easily, pay securely and get projects done right.
This article is for Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) beginners.
An Interface contains declarations of events, indexers, methods and/or properties. Any class which implements the Interface should provide the concrete implementation for each Inter…
This article aims to explain the working of CircularLogArchiver. This tool was designed to solve the buildup of log file in cases where systems do not support circular logging or where circular logging is not enabled
Windows 10 is mostly good. However the one thing that annoys me is how many clicks you have to do to dial a VPN connection. You have to go to settings from the start menu, (2 clicks), Network and Internet (1 click), Click VPN (another click) then fi…