I am writing a VB6 project to display data (from an Access DB via ADO) to users in a grid. The following criteria need to be satisfied:
* The data should be bound - editing in one column will update changes back to the data source
* I will need to colour various parts of the grid (foreground and background) and edit font styles etc
* Data should be sort-able within the grid
* I would like to be able to use a combo drop down within cell to select options for changing the data
* The data is non-hierarchical
* Load up with reasonable speed (expect only 200 - 300 records returned in the recordset at ay one time, but will want to colour various cells depending upon the values returned)
Can anyone please provide (1) advice as to which grid to use for these options (pref one of the MS VB shipped grids) and (2) any links to code snippets that I could incorporate into a wrapper to place around the grid.