I'm about to redesign an application that exists, but doesn't run properly and I wonder whether I should use
- a database to control/store my data,
- only store my data or
- no database att all, but only the object structure in the program language combined with serialized dumps.
the data i'm talking about would correspond to ca.
- 10 smaller tables (5 fields X max 50 rows)
- three medium size tables ( 30 fields X max. 200 rows)
- one bigger table (50 X max. 5000 rows)
the application should be able to run "standalone" (withour network-access) on the other hand we made some bad experience with mdb files!! (field.nullable returns wrong values depending on what OS you run the app. on)
thanx for you opinions.