I'm running Seagate/Veritas Backup Exec v 7.01 on Windows NT 4 sp6,
The program has run mostly flawlessly since installed over 3 yrs ago.
Now all of a sudden, BExec can't see the tape drive.
I've done the following troubleshooting:
1) reinstall BExec
2) download and install new copies of the Tape device driver
3) open the case, and re-seat the SCSI card (note the tape drive is the only thing running off that card), remove and reinstall cables
4) check in Control Panel - the tape device is there, driver loaded and no conflicts exist
5) if I stop all the BExec services, and run NT Backup, that program can see the tape device
6) if I stop all the BExec services, and run Segate tape diagnostics, the diagnostics run to completion successfully
6) all of the BExec services, and the device drivers get started when they are supposed to @ boot up.
Why can NT Backup and the Seagate Tape diagnostics see the drive, but Backup Exec can't??
Any ideas much appreciated!