I would need some suggestions about storage method with Java. I have specific needs. For those who knows, it is for development on TINI (www.ibutton.com/TINI
). Most of the code for JDK 1.2 is portable so if you don't know this platform, just give your suggestion anyway, it will most likely work ;).
- It must not take too much space nor memory as it is for embedded device.
- Speed is not a must but it should not be too slow as it a small processor.
- It must be searchable by a given key.
- It will have multiple values stocked for each record.
- My concern about databases is the ressources taken given the limited one there is on embedded device. I've seen some simplified DB but I think I would prefer working with flat files.
- It must flexible (adding a field without loosing meaning of existing data). This means comma separated text file is not that good ;).
- It doesn't need to handle millions of records. 10000 would be a good maximum.
I'm open to every suggestions. I have my ideas but want to compare and find better! Anyone has any idea with simple implementation?
Thanks for you help in advance everyone!